Sunday 29 July 2012

Art show as chaser

I am doing a new solo show just weeks after I just did one. Now I always say don't do two shows close together, people get confused and one always suffers. But this is different, I really  mean don't arrange and work on two shows for the same time! Economics was started after the last one finished, and is a sort of chaser after a binge of painting actresses and dictators.

A sensible artist ( I) tries to learn from her shows by looking at the their own work hard and listening to what people say about it. It feels like the best time to do a show is straight away when all the new information is bubbling around in your head and you can implement the improvements/learning immediately.

Economics opens August 9th at Chateau Joffe. www.jasperjoffe.com  Power & Beauty closed 23 June at Kenny Schachter.

No comments:

Post a Comment